[openib-general] mwrite64 - need for uar object in access layer

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Sep 21 10:29:32 PDT 2004

    Michael> Well, profiling is always nice but hard to do.  But just
    Michael> doing a two word write is clearly a win, no?

Sure, but I'd be much more interested in creating an abstraction for
UARs, teaching ULPs about it, adding locking in ULPs, etc. for a 25%
improvement than for a 0.01% improvement.

I'm pretty busy just trying to get everything working at a basic level
for merging upstream.  But the field is wide open for anyone else to
write patches and do some benchmarking.

Thanks,
  Roland