[openib-general] mthca startup problem

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Sep 23 06:40:34 PDT 2004

Roland Dreier wrote:
> IRQ 177 seems like you have CONFIG_PCI_MSI turned on (it looks like a
> vector rather than a regular IRQ).  What do you get with
> CONFIG_PCI_MSI=n?

I finally gave up fighting that machine. I may get back to that one.

I got another machine which I was able to get further and get mthca up. I
had some other issues and questions:

1. mthca_cmd.c has a number of compile warnings (built with debug
configured).

2. ipoib_main.c line 48 has a compile error indicating directives may not be
use inside macro arguments. This is with both ipoib debugs on.
MODULE_PARM_DESC(debug_level,
   "Enable debug tracing if > 0"
#ifdef CONFIG_INFINIBAND_IPOIB_DEBUG_DATA
   " and data path tracing if > 1"
#endif
 );

Somethin like the below works:
#ifdef CONFIG_INFINIBAND_IPOIB_DEBUG_DATA
MODULE_PARM_DESC(debug_level,
   "Enable debug tracing if > 0 and data path tracing if > 1");
#else
MODULE_PARM_DESC(debug_level,
   "Enable debug tracing if > 0");
#endif

3. mad_statuc:96 complains about line 96 "Couldn't find suitable network
device; setting lid_base to 1". Is this OK ? Also, why is this done and can
it be shut off ?

Thanks.