[openib-general] IPoIB Loading and Starting

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Sep 27 07:55:29 PDT 2004

    Yaron> IPoIB interfaces can pop up like USB devices when the P_Key
    Yaron> table is field (in a default DHCP client mode) With one
    Yaron> Interface per P_Key by default (unless configured
    Yaron> otherwise) Anyway a system/interface cannot be used if the
    Yaron> Port is not initialized by the SM so it is not critical to
    Yaron> bring it up sooner

Thinking about this, you're mostly right.  I was stuck in the world of
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, but we can take advantage of the fact
that new network interfaces cause hotplug events.

There is a small issue of how to name the interfaces to solve but we
should be able to work that out.

Thanks,
  Roland