[openib-general] mthca startup problem

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Sep 27 07:55:33 PDT 2004

    Roland> I've now added gcc 2.95 to the set of compilers I test
    Roland> build with so I should be able to avoid most of these
    Roland> problems in the future.

    Grant> I'm not sure this is useful.  2.9x is certainly not
    Grant> interesting to kernel.org.

Check Linus's changelogs -- I can find "fix build for gcc-2.95"
changesets even in the last month or two.  Also Documentation/Changes
still lists gcc 2.95.3 as the minimal supported version.

I can guarantee that if this code gets merged upstream with gcc 2.95
problems, someone will complain and I'll have to fix it.  So I might
as well avoid problems now.

Thanks,
  Roland