[openib-general] Re: updated TODO list

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Sep 27 18:25:41 PDT 2004

    Tom> Can we put together a TODO that includes everything we can
    Tom> think of that needs to be done before we can send the code to
    Tom> lkml?

At a high level:

    - Finish low-level MAD support
    - Implement API for SA path record and MC group queries
    - Make Dave Miller et al happy with IPoIB driver
    - Implement userspace MAD access for opensm ? (not strictly necessary)

    Tom> Can anything stay in /proc?  Right now, I see:

No, I don't think so.  The IPoIB stuff should be cleaned up somehow
(eg using native 20-byte addresses makes the ARP stuff superfluous,
the VLAN stuff can be killed, and mcast maybe via sysfs).

The mad/ directory goes away when we switch to the new MAD layer, and
poll_counts/tracelevel go away when we kill the legacy/ stuff.

    Tom> - port opensm to mthca

Yup (really, "port opensm to new userspace API")

    Tom> - remove the ts_ from the names of all the headers

That's an easy one once we see which headers survive.

    Tom> - move to the new mad layer

Yep.

 - Roland