[openib-general] MAD request/response completion order

Fab Tillier ftillier at infiniconsys.com
Wed Sep 29 16:18:47 PDT 2004

The only reason I can think of to report receives before sends is to support
user-mode.  If a receive can't be reported to a user-mode client, then the
corresponding send should not carry a status value that would indicate that
a receive was - it should be over-ridden to indicate something equivalent to
a timeout since the receive will not be delivered.

If we don't care about user-mode, then I think whatever is most convenient
makes sense.

- Fab