[openib-general] Re: Advice needed on IP-over-InfiniBand driver

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Sep 30 14:48:53 PDT 2004

    David> I think it would be a mistake to use skb->dst as a flag for
    David> unicast or not. Even if it is correct in all cases you care
    David> about now (I don't know either way), it would be a hidden
    David> dependency with high potential to break something
    David> eventually.

That's kind of what I thought.  But since my packets have no L2 header
in them, I don't know what hard_start_xmit can look at other than
skb->dst.

I guess hard_header could put some info in skb->cb -- is cb available
for net device use between hard_header and hard_start_xmit, or does
someone else still own it?

Thanks,
  Roland