[openib-general] ia64 perf and FMR

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Apr 4 16:43:21 PDT 2005

    Grant> FMR is a red herring.  I tried SVN r2080 and it has roughly
    Grant> the same performance as r2082 (when FMR was committed) and
    Grant> later r210x.  "packed" attribute is a red herring too.

    Grant> Performance stunk with r2050 and I will do a binary search
    Grant> this week until I sort out which changes doubled the
    Grant> perf. ISTR there was one change related to a "double
    Grant> mapping" issue and I will be tracking that down in a few
    Grant> days.

A binary search to find the changeset that makes the difference would
be really useful.  I read through the svn log from r2046 through r2082
and I don't see anything that should make a difference to IPoIB.

The only changes that seem remotely plausible are

    r2059 "Set skb->mac.raw on receive"
    r2068 "Make address handle verbs usable from interrupt context"

but I don't see how either one could really have an effect.

So I wonder what obvious thing I'm missing...

 - R.