[openib-general] Re: Gen2 User verbs usage

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sat Apr 16 09:58:04 PDT 2005

Quoting r. Roland Dreier <roland at topspin.com>:
> INLINE means the verbs driver should try to copy
> the data directly into the send work request to reduce latency.

There currently doesnt seem to exist a way for userspace to know
when is setting the INLINE flag possible.

It would seem what we need is another attribute passed to
create_qp that would specify the max inline buffer size, and probably
an hca attribute to give the maximum legal value for this attribute.

Does this make sence, and would you accept a patch like this?

--
MST - Michael S. Tsirkin