[openib-general] Advice about adapting ibv_pingpong to use UC

Steven Wooding steve at wooding.uklinux.net
Sun Apr 17 08:06:02 PDT 2005

Hi,

I wonder if someone working on the gen2 uverbs would be so kind as to
give me some advice on adapting the ibv_pingpong program to use a UC QP
type rather than RC. I was previously able to do this with the Mellanox
stack by changing the qp_type attribute and then not setting variables
that are only needed for RC (timeout and retry periods etc).

However, when I perform the same trick with ibv_pingpong it errors on
the function call that should put the QP into the INIT state. I can't
see what to change in that function call to get it to the next state change.

I realise that the general demand for the UC type connection is low, but
my application is a real-time interface where retries are not an option
I'm afraid.

Thank you in advance for any help the busy gen2 developers are able to
offer.

Regards,

Steve.

x86_64, RHEL 4, gen2 2169.