[openib-general] Re: Re: Re: Subment Management

abhijitngpune abhijitngpune at indiatimes.com
Mon Apr 18 08:20:55 PDT 2005

hi,

>Are you using Voltaire SM ? It has richer capabilities here than OpenSM.
>Someone in support should be able to explain how to use the various
>routing/pathing algorithms supported by VSM. Who is your support person
>?

   Could you plz suggest me any person from Support Team who can help me in this problem?

Abhijeet

"Hal Rosenstock" wrote:

Hi Abhi,

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 07:26, abhijitngpune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regd. Fabric manager : It was just a theoritical concern. I
> was doubtful regd voltaire SM.
>
> Regd. Subnet topology:
>
> Let me explain the scenario. I want to create
> (logical) topology like this :

> / | \
>
> N ---- | ---- N
>
> / \ | / \
>
> N --- N --- N
>
> N: node (hope u understand the topology)
>
> How to create such kind of virtual subnet topology?

This is where LMC > 0 comes in. It allows for multiple paths to be
utilized between nodes.

> Do u think it is possible over star connected nodes(Interconnected
> topology is star, becoz we have one voltaire switch to which all 78
> nodes are connected )?

Yes.

> How subnet management will help me to get this topology? What should
> be my basic step in this scenario?.

Are you using Voltaire SM ? It has richer capabilities here than OpenSM.
Someone in support should be able to explain how to use the various
routing/pathing algorithms supported by VSM. Who is your support person
?

What host stack are you running on the end nodes ? (They appear to be HP
nodes). Also, what applications/ULPs/protocols are you intending on
running in this topology ?

Thanks.

-- Hal

Help