[openib-general] openIB gen2 user space verbs API

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Sun Apr 17 23:26:32 PDT 2005

Christoph> Roland, reading the userspace infiniband/verbs.h file, where
did query QP go?

Roland>It's not implemented yet.  Is there an application that needs it?

Roland,

Other than getting the max inline size, query qp is used to get the
current QP state, examples are
app error flow (eg when modify qp failed) and app APM flow to sense some
of the state transitions
done by the HW. These are only examples I quickly thought of, I guess
there are more.

I understand and like the atitude of striving for simplicity but I guess
that for production mthca and the
uverbs library would need to support all the query functions existing in
VAPI (see below, maybe to the exception
of query ah / eec / mw).

Indeed, it can be that some of them (eg the first four below) can be
implemented in mthca only and their
result cached/mmaped to be used by the uverbs libs.

Or.

[root at zeta ogerlitz]# grep query /usr/mellanox/include/vapi.h | grep
Func | awk '{ print $3}'
VAPI_query_hca_cap
VAPI_query_hca_port_prop
VAPI_query_hca_gid_tbl