[openib-general] Re: openIB gen2 user space verbs API

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Apr 18 08:48:46 PDT 2005

Quoting r. Roland Dreier <roland at topspin.com>:
> Subject: Re: openIB gen2 user space verbs API
>
>     Michael> An application would need to know what values is it legal
>     Michael> to pass to create_qp.  Maybe it makes sence to implement
>     Michael> something like query_hca, and let it return the maximum
>     Michael> legal value?
>
> The Mellanox VAPI just used the maximum number of sg entries for the
> send queue to calculate the inline data value for a QP.  Does it make
> sense to change this interface?
>
>  - R.

Lets look at an example like pingpong.c

I think its cleanest for this test to have --inline flag which would
make all work requests inline.
The test will then create the qp setting the right inline size.

If the user passed a size too big to be inline, we want the test to
be able to detect this and print a clear error message, not fail in
create_qp.

Right?

--
MST - Michael S. Tsirkin