[openib-general] Re: uverbs API

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Apr 19 17:24:46 PDT 2005

    > Here is my TODO list that I need some feedback on....

    > - resize_cq

A fair bit of work, probably won't get done too soon.

    > - query_device
    > - ib_query_gid

Both easy, I'll add them shortly.

    > - ibv_get_cq_event(), need timed event call and wakeup

Can you explain what this means a little more?  Is there something you
need that you can't get by using select()/poll() with a timeout on the
CQ event FD?

    > - current implementation supports one event per device, plans for more?

Yes, in the medium term I plan to add support for multiple MSI-X
vectors so that multiple CQ events are possible.

    > - memory window support

Right now I don't have any plans to implement this.  All the feedback
I've seen is that with current hardware, performance is not good
enough to make MWs worth using.

 - R.