[openib-general] IBM eHCA Device Driver for gen1 IB stack

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Wed Apr 20 09:44:45 PDT 2005

    > Hi, we've just released the first linux device driver for
    > the IBM eServer HCA for Power5.  It's gen1 based and runs
    > on SLES9 SP1.  Main testvehicle for this code was IPoIB.

    > gen2 and full userspace support will be next.

Excellent, I'm glad to see this released.  I'm looking forward to
seeing the gen2 support.

If I may make a small suggestion for future releases: please have the
tar file contain a top-level directory like ehca-0021, with everything
contained in that directory.  It's a little annoying to unpack a tar
file and have it spread 5 files in your working directory, especially
when some have generic names like "INSTALL" or "patches."

Thanks,
  Roland