[openib-general] Re: [openib-commits] r2195 - in gen2/trunk/src/linux-kernel/infiniband: core include

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Wed Apr 20 13:34:26 PDT 2005

    Tom> That is what I thought as well, but there are other places in
    Tom> the code that do the same thing.

    Tom> agent.c:159, ping.c:137

Those are doing be32_to_cpup() -- notice the "p" at the end, which
means it dereferences a pointer.  be32_to_cpup(&val) is rather
obfuscated but still technically correct.  It's sort of like writing
"*&val" instead of just "val."

In other words, it's probably worth cleaning up those other places,
but they're not actually bugs.

 - R.