[openib-general] rendering openib.org on Firefox/Linux

Michael Lee mplee at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Mon Apr 25 17:08:54 PDT 2005

> That seems better, although you can still go too small on the font and
> it will overlap the logo.  May be a problem on small screens like cell
> phones or pdas.

I noticed that shrinking the font had the same problem, but I didn't
give it much thought at the time since I had to reduce it six times for
the fonts to screw up and about eight times for the second line to cause
problems.  However, never considered palm or cellphone users.  If it's
crucial to the community, I'll look into it further.  I only say "if"
because if we end up going w/ the other site design or something else.

> I really like the new design better.

I'm glad you like it...it'll make the designer happy.  I basically stole
the original site from some one else because I was fielding too many
complaints regarding the original Plone site.  I do like Notepad
though...

Another idea I'm not sure if the community would be interested in is if
we just completely converted the entire site to tiki-wiki.  I installed
a wiki after the fact, but it never seemed to quite mesh well w/ the
look and feel of either the existing site or the new one you looked at
earlier.  Tiki-wiki has a lot of portal-esque features I disabled when
it was installed because they didn't seem necessary.  But if you guys
think using tiki-wiki exclusively is the way to go, we're willing to
revisit it on our side.

> BTW, tangentially, who gets the bugzilla at openib.org mail?
Bugzilla is aliased to myself and Matt.  I'd be happy to add different
people where feasible.

Michael