[openib-general] rendering openib.org on Firefox/Linux

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Apr 28 06:45:27 PDT 2005

    Michael> Another idea I'm not sure if the community would be
    Michael> interested in is if we just completely converted the
    Michael> entire site to tiki-wiki.  I installed a wiki after the
    Michael> fact, but it never seemed to quite mesh well w/ the look
    Michael> and feel of either the existing site or the new one you
    Michael> looked at earlier.  Tiki-wiki has a lot of portal-esque
    Michael> features I disabled when it was installed because they
    Michael> didn't seem necessary.  But if you guys think using
    Michael> tiki-wiki exclusively is the way to go, we're willing to
    Michael> revisit it on our side.

I definitely like the idea of making the whole site a wiki, with the
main pages locked.  For example http://hula-project.org/ is running on
MediaWiki, and I think it looks really good.

I'm not sure that I would pick TikiWiki -- it's probably possible to
fix the theme but even the tikiwiki.org mothership looks pretty
cluttered and ugly to me.

I've been planning to try and kick-start the wiki part of openib.org
by writing some content but unfortunately I've never gotten around to it.

 - R.