[openib-general] [DAPL] error trying to build kdapltest

Itamar Rabenstein itamar at mellanox.co.il
Thu Apr 28 14:06:13 PDT 2005

>/build1/tduffy/openib-work/gen2/users/jlentini/linux-
>kernel/test/dapltest/kdapl/../test/dapl_performance_stats.c: In function a
>EUR~DT_performance_stats_data_printaEUR(tm):/build1/tduffy/openib-work/gen2
/users/jlentini/linux-
>kernel/test/dapltest/kdapl/../test/dapl_performance_stats.c:202: error: SSE
register return with SSE
>disabled

I think the problem is related to the use of double in kernel
in i386 arch we need to add to makefile :
ifeq (${IS_i686},i686)
# Override -msoft-float in arch/i386/Makefile
EXTRA_CFLAGS += -mhard-float
endif

I am not sure that you have a flag like this .
I am working now on a new version of kdapletst without any use of double's
in kernel.
I think it will be ready early next week.

  Itamar