[openib-general] Compiling SDP on 2.6.9

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Thu Apr 28 15:47:21 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 02:33:02PM -0700, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:

> Hi Libor,
>
> I was trying to backport SDP to a 2.6.9 kernel and ran into
> a compile error when compiling  sdp_conn.c and sdp_inet.c
> They seem to have a reference to a
> value of ECANCELLED.
>
> I did a search and found it was defined in asm-parisc/errno.h
> but no where else.
>
> #define ECANCELLED 253

That's funny. parisc is the only one that was (sortof) wrong.

I just added an alias to parisc-linux so ECANCELLED is an alias
for ECANCELED:
	http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux-cvs/2005-April/035557.html

IIRC, parisc-linux defined ECANCELLED because that's what HPUX used.
And according to SuSv3, is an acceptable definition of the same error.
But Linux uses ECANCELED (with one "el").

In my spare time, I've been trying to build openib.org code on
parisc-linux. Last time I tried, I was running into the same
issue that Tom Duffy already pointed out about one of the
new vm interfaces not being supported. I have to fix that
bit in parisc-linux port as well before I can move forward.

> Is that the value you intended in these calls and if so, can I just
> define it in somewhere like sdp_main.h for my backport version ?

Please do not. Just fix the code to use ECANCELED since that's
what SuSv3 specifies and linux prefers:
include/asm-generic/errno.h:#define     ECANCELED       125     /* Operation Canceled */

grant