[openib-general] Some Initial RMPP Comments and Questions

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Apr 29 06:44:12 PDT 2005

Hi Sean,

I just started playing with RMPP and have one comment and a couple of
questions. I am just doing some preliminary testing with SA
GetTable/GetTableResp.

1. I see a NWL in some ACKs of 0x41 when ACKing segment 1. So the
receive side supports 64 incoming MADs. Is that correct ? (That seems
good to me).

2. Since RMPP supports streaming (I know OpenIB doesn't do this on
transmit), what does the receiver do with an incoming RMPP stream whose
PayloadLength is not specified in the FIRST DATA packet ? (I think this
may be needed for interoperability with third party RMPP implementations
which do this).

3. How does the RMPP receiver handle discrepancies between the FIRST
DATA PayloadLength and the LAST DATA PayloadLength ?

Thanks.