[openib-general] Re: user-mode verbs on Itanium

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Fri Apr 29 09:36:43 PDT 2005

    Grant> Users of other distro's I think are going to be just as
    Grant> confused.  Can the "no driver for uverbs0" error message
    Grant> indicate the *userspace* driver is missing?  And indicate
    Grant> where it's looking?

I just updated the code so the error messages are:

    libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't open sysfs class 'infiniband_verbs'.

    libibverbs: Warning: no userspace device-specific driver found for uverbs0
            driver search path: /usr/lib/infiniband:/usr/local/lib/infiniband

    Grant> But it's still not working: yprf3:~#
    Grant> OPENIB_DRIVER_PATH=/usr/lib/infiniband/ ibv_pingpong
    Grant> Couldn't get context for mthca0

Does the kernel driver match the userspace code -- ie are they both
the latest subversion?  I haven't started being anal about bumping the
ABI version when changing the interface, so it's possible to get out
of sync with this development code.

 - R.