[openib-general] kernel VM monitor for memory registration caching

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Mon Aug 1 07:43:33 PDT 2005

    Gleb> Why? Is that what you had in mind?

Yes, if I'm understanding your suggestion correctly, it is exactly
what I suggested in http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.openib/13223

    Gleb> This was right for vapi modules since after mlock() vma
    Gleb> boundaries was aligned with registration boundaries, but
    Gleb> this is not the case for OpenIB (correct me if I am wrong
    Gleb> here). Part of the vma can be pinned and thus be in memory
    Gleb> but other parts may be swapped out.

But the pages that aren't pinned are not part of any registered
region, right?  So there's no reason to invalidate any registration
because of nopage activitiy.

 - R.