[openib-general] Re: [Rdma-developers] Meeting (07/22) summary:OpenRDMA community development discussion

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Mon Aug 1 08:43:20 PDT 2005

So how would you reconcile the differences between IB & iWarp, and
specifically on the connection establishment portion ?
In your approach would I need to access different CM APIs for IB & for
iWarp in my ULP ?

>From my perspective the current kDAPL solves that problem (w/o any
additional patches), and we are trying to re-invent the wheel here.

If patches are really needed they can probably applied to the kDAPL code
(i.e. remove redundant code/simplify kDAPL), however this is an
optimization that can always be done later.

Yaron