[openib-general] Re: [Rdma-developers]Meeting(07/22) summary:OpenRDMA community development discussion

Steve Wise swise at ammasso.com
Mon Aug 1 10:40:46 PDT 2005

> Then tell them to come up with an alternative.  We're not going to
>
>  - include RNIC/PI or something similar to it
>  - pile abstraction layers or abstractions layers (the kDAPL approach)
>
> so if the RNIC community can find anything better they should propose
> it.  OTOH they're not even able to get a NIC driver OpenSource so I'm
> not going to waste more time on them.

The current Ammasso RNIC driver is released under the GPL license now.  At
this point in time, its not openIB.  We intend to develop an open source
driver that plugs into the openIB framework and does _not_ implement
RNIC/PI.  And we'll provide this as a series of patches during development
to the openIB community for general review.

Steve.