[openib-general] Re: why does the value of the node_guid don' t have the machine en dian ess?

Dotan Barak dotanb at mellanox.co.il
Tue Aug 2 23:02:21 PDT 2005

I expect to get this values with the endianess of the host that i'm working
on, and if i will print the node_guid as a number it will be the same as the
sys_fs value.

I don't see any reason for the driver to return this value in the endianess
of the network, i think that it is better that the driver will return the
value of this attribute in the host order, instead of every application that
query for this attribute will change the order of it.