[openib-general] SDP RDMA support for blocking socket operations

Steve Wooding steve_wooding at keysounds.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 06:38:01 PDT 2005

Libor,

I realise you are very busy, but I wonder if you could give a rough
indication for when "SDP RDMA support for blocking socket operations"
might be implemented in SDP?

My motivation for this is that I need zero copy (in order to eliminate
the extra kernel buffer to application buffer copy), but I have a
requirement not to use libaio as it is only implemented on Linux (my
code needs to be portable).

I've come across a POSIX AIO implementation, but I suppose this would
have to be used on the kernel side with SDP rather than just in my
application. I'm not sure how closely SDP and libaio are tied together.

Anyway, some advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve.