[openib-general] RE: OpenSM Work

Matt Leininger mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Thu Aug 4 06:25:40 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 09:09 +0300, Eitan Zahavi wrote:

> > > The mode of work we suggest is that she will work offline.
> >
> > Not sure by what you mean by offline here.
> [EZ] Offline means she will do the entire merge and then commit. I
> propose she will commit the changes into a branch and then you can
> review it and do the merge to the main trunk yourself.

 Eitan,

  I'm glad to see the continued interest in OpenSM.  Thanks for the
help.

  Please submit OpenSM changes as patches to the mail list so that Hal
and others in the community can review them.  No sense in doing a bunch
of work until we know what things you are trying to add.  Start with
header files and work out from there.

  My understanding of your "offline" is that it is closed development
followed by open release.  That's not how OpenIB works.  Please submit
the patches to the list so everyone can follow and commit on the OpenSM
code changes.

  Thanks,

	- Matt