[openib-general] RE: OpenSM Work

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Thu Aug 4 07:02:37 PDT 2005

Hi Matt,

The offline work is only expected for the task of merging of the current
1.8.0 release into OpenIB. It should be completed by end of next week.

It would involve the following parts:
1. Merging changes done by Hal/Shahar on the 1.6.1 and 1.7.0 into the 1.8.0
code.
2. Moving headers back into place and adding Makefile.am "install"
directives to move the headers during install to the prefix/include dir
3. Adding osm_vendor_sa_api.h and accompany implementation for that API.
4. Adding Simulator vendor

After that point we wish to continue OpenSM development on the OpenIB
repository.
To be able to do that we need to open a branch for each new feature we
develop, qualify it and then we can provide diffs to the main thread so
everybody can review it before the merge.

Actually with the amount of work we put already into OpenSM, once we move
into gen2 environment we should become the active maintainers of this code.

The development work plan for OpenSM was posted more then once to the OpenIB
mailing list even before we started merging with gen2 (attached to this
mail).

We will appreciate feedback for our plans and will adjust accordingly.
So far I did not get any response for my previous mails describing our
plans.
I hope this will change.

Eitan Zahavi
Design Technology Director