[openib-general] Re: sdp: cant unload ib_ipoib module

Libor Michalek limichal at cisco.com
Thu Aug 4 10:42:50 PDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 10:09:24AM +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Quoting r. Tom Duffy <tduffy at sun.com>:
> > Perhaps you need my sdp_inet_port_put() patch?
>
> Could be.
> I'll give it a spin next week. Thanks!

Michael,

  I remember this problem from the last time Hal mentioned it, I had
just forgotten about it. I'm almost certain this is being caused by
a reference counter incremented in the sdp address resolution code
that is never decremented. In sdp_link.c:do_link_path_lookup() we get
the route table entry using ip_route_output_key(), which I believe
takes out a reference, and that reference should be returned using
ip_rt_put() which we never do.

-Libor