[openib-general] Re: [RFC] Move InfiniBand .h files

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Thu Aug 4 11:31:24 PDT 2005

    Arjan> At minimum the headers should be split in separate files
    Arjan> for shared-userspace and kernel (eg no overlap at all), but
    Arjan> I'd vote for keeping the headers in your own dir.

This is already done -- the userspace ABI is defined in ib_user_mad.h,
ib_user_verbs.h, etc.

The problem with keeping subsystem headers under drivers/infiniband is
that it's ugly for, say, fs/nfs/Makefile to have to add
-Idrivers/infiniband/include to its CFLAGS just because it's
implementing NFS/RDMA.

Also, drivers/infiniband/include doesn't get put into the
/lib/modules/<ver>/build directory, so it's a pain for people
developing new drivers (this is a real complaint that came to me from
a vendor developing a driver for a new piece of IB hardware).

Thanks,
  Roland