[openib-general] RE: some questions/comments on gen2 udapl code

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Aug 4 23:30:16 PDT 2005

Arlin

> I can work on rolling up the uat/ucm/uasync processing into one thread.

Sounds good, so each udapl process would consume less resources from the system.

>We need some help from verbs to make this uDAPL CQ mapping work:
> Either
> support multiple CQ FD's, one per CQ.
> or
> modify call ibv_get_cq_event() and allow the user to supply the specific ibv_cq event to get, not
> just the first one on the event queue.

I think the first question we want to ask - do we need multi-CQ/threaded support at the gen2 udapl? - the udapl
consumers i am aware to - mvapich and another IB commercial mpi open one DTO EVD , how about intel mpi?

So before driving changes to libibverbs lets see if there's a need. When the app that needs it comes, we can
then either suggest a change in libibverbs or implement two flavor of the udapl library one for libdapl.so and libdapl.mt.so
where lidapl.so will assume no multi cq/threads and libdapl.mt.so not assume this.

and there's udapltest - which does use multi thread/cq - but should we spend work on only synthetic test - i dont
know - what do you say?

Or.