[openib-general] [RFC] IPoIB sockaddr_ll changes

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Fri Aug 5 09:06:25 PDT 2005

    Hal> Hi, I would like to get comments on this prior to sending
    Hal> this over to kernel land.

When you send it, make sure to include netdev at vger.kernel.org so that
all the networking people see it.

SOCKADDR_LL_COMPAT is pretty ugly but I'm not sure I see a better
solution right now.

    Hal> IPoIB sockaddr_ll changes due to the fact that the IPoIB link
    Hal> layer address is 20 bytes rather than 8 bytes

You'll want to expand the explanation here so that it's clear what is
being done and why.

    > +			if ((msg->msg_namelen != sizeof(struct sockaddr_ll) - SOCKADDR_LL_COMPAT) || (saddr->sll_hatype == ARPHRD_INFINIBAND))

I know I say that it's OK to fudge on line lengths a little over 80
characters, but this line is way too long.

    > +		if ((addr_len != sizeof(struct sockaddr_ll) - SOCKADDR_LL_COMPAT) ||
    > +				(sll->sll_hatype == ARPHRD_INFINIBAND))

Fix the indendation here so that (sll-> lines up with (addr_len !=

 - R.