[openib-general] [iSER]use iSER on x86_64

Dan Bar Dov danb at voltaire.com
Tue Aug 9 02:33:54 PDT 2005

> hi Dan,
> Here it is!
> We have got two machines with one IB HCA each. They are
> connected directly without a switch.
> But we don't have a iSER target.
Currently ISER target is available only as part of commercial products. There is no open-source ISER target, although I know that some people are working on it.

> By the way, I have a question about your updating the iSER:
> Need the kDAPL be modified after updating the iSER?
Yes, the openIB kDAPL version has changed the API so that it is no longer compatible with the DAT collaborative API of either DAT1.2 or DAT1.1.

> And could you give some explanation for the difference
> between the DAT_1.2_headers and the openIB DAT headers ?

All the typedefs were removed, all the function names were changed to lower case etc., I don't know all the details.

Dan