[openib-general] InfiniBand Test Project === IBTP ===

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Wed Aug 10 07:56:39 PDT 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Amit Krig wrote:

>> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Amit Krig wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I would like to propos a new InfiniBand Test Project  === IBTP === The
>> proposed new dir can be under Gen2/trunk  =>
>>
>> https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/ibtp/
>> <https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/ibtp/>
>
>> Did you consider using the existing
>> https://openib.org/svn/gen2/utils/src/ directory?
>
> This is an option as well,
> The tree is not the same, for example kdapl should be under infiniband ->
> ulp.

We can re-arrange the directory structure.

>> This part of the repository was recommended as the best place for
> kdapltest, a test tool for kdapl.
>
> I think that the ibtp major goal is quality and not tools

Ok. I just have two concerns.

First, I would prefer a directory name that was less obfuscated. It is
not immediately obvious what a directory called "ibtp" contains. If
the directory was called "test", then it would be clear.

Second, I'm not clear on why this code should go under the trunk but
the tools in https://openib.org/svn/gen2/utils should not. I had been
thinking that all of the code under the trunk was intended for end
users. I'm not sure if that is the distinction though. Perhaps the
ulps, users, and utils, directories in https://openib.org/svn/gen2/
are out of place.