[openib-general] Continue to experience problems in installing Gen2 on IA-32 systems

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 11 06:06:16 PDT 2005

pHi Hal and Roland,

We continue to experience problems in installing Gen2 on IA-32
systems. After the installation, the IB cards show the state as
`disabled'. These systems have PCI-X IB cards.

Sometimes back, my students had posted this issue to the group. You
people had given some tips. However, none of them worked. Recently, we
have spent a lot of time on this issue.

We are able to successfully install Gen2 on EM64T and Opetron systems
and carry out experiments. There is no problem. The problem is coming
only for IA-32 systems. Even on EM64T systems, this problem comes when
operating it in IA-32 mode.

I am wondering whether any of you have personally installed Gen2
successfully on IA-32 systems with PCI-X IB cards and checked that it
works.

I am also cc'ing this note to the openib group. If anybody else has
installed this successfully, we will appreciate the help.

Thanks,

DK