[openib-general] Re: Continue to experience problems in installing Gen2 on IA-32

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 11 12:32:27 PDT 2005

Hal, Roland and James,

Many thanks for your prompt replies!!

We tried with the debug option. Thanks for this suggestion.

It looks like one of the parameters (1X/4X) parameter for the card is
not being set properly on the IA-32 system which is leading to the
`disable' state for the card. By manually changing this parameter to
4X, one of the nodes is able to detect the card. We are trying this on
other nodes. Not sure whether this is coming out because of the driver
or the firmware in the card. We are looking into this further. One of
my students will soon post all the details.

Thanks again for all your help!!

DK