[openib-general] osm build errors gen1

Joe Damato damato at psc.edu
Thu Aug 11 13:13:30 PDT 2005

Joe Damato wrote:

> Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 15:44, Joe Damato wrote:
>>

>>> Hello -
>>>      Sorry for the long email (lots of build errors).
>>>
>>>    I am attempting to build osm as part of gen1 to allow me to test
>>> some openib gen1 code and compare to an openib gen2 port that I have
>>> been working on.
>>>

>> I'm trying to understand what you are doing:
>>
>> Are you trying to take OpenIB OpenSM and build it with gen1 rather than
>> gen2 (OpenIB) ? Or are you trying to build a recent gen1 based OpenSM
>> (like Mellanox Gold 1.8.0) and use this on gen2 (OpenIB) node ?
>>

> I'm trying to build a gen1 based OpenSM to use on an OpenIB gen1 node
> -- if the opensm from gen2 will work with gen1 nodes, then I can just
> use the gen2 opensm....

  After re-reading what I said maybe I was not completely clear.

  I have source code for a project that uses the openib gen1 libraries.
  I have ported this source code to use openib gen2.

  I would like to test the -original- source code written for gen1, to
do this I need to build opensm from gen1 (I have already installed a
kernel on a few nodes that uses IB gen1) -- the first email was my
attempt at building opensm from gen1 on a gen1 node.

   Hopefully this makes it more clear as to what I'm trying to do --
sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Joe Damato