[openib-general] IB Driver Initialization of FMR methods

Tom Tucker tom at ammasso.com
Fri Aug 12 08:42:17 PDT 2005

I've noticed that in the IB driver, the FMR methods
are not initialized if the XX_FLAG_FRM bit is not set
in the device structure. My assumption at this point is
that these methods are not present if they are not
supported by the device.

What's confusing is that the verbs do not check if the
function ptr is null when involking the underlying method.
I would have expected, that a method would be initialized
that returned ENOSYS in this case. Any explanation as to
the intended design point for FMR initialization would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom T.