[openib-general]: Question about FMR

Guy German guyg at voltaire.com
Sun Aug 14 08:06:39 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm using fmr_pool.c implementation, in kDAPL, and I've encountered a problem.
When I run this simple flow (implemented also in a stand-alone-test-module) :

	fmr_pool = ib_create_fmr_pool(pd, &params);
	mem = ib_fmr_pool_map_phys (fmr_pool, page_list, page_count, &io_addr);
	status = ib_fmr_pool_unmap(mem);
	(void)ib_destroy_fmr_pool(fmr_pool);

I get:
pd->usecnt=1, hence ib_dealloc_pd(pd) fails with -EBUSY rc.

Why is the pd use count 1, and not 0 ? Am I doing something wrong ?

I am attaching a small test module that demonstrates this problem.

Thanks,
Guy