[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] Initial trunk checkin of ISER initiator

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Thu Aug 18 10:42:22 PDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:43:05AM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 02:36:05PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > > All the iSCSI features including device management are available
> > > seamlessly with the iSCSI/ISER initiator. ISER simply puts iSCSI
> > > on steroids.
> > >
> > > The ISER implementation makes use of the openIB/kDAPL. Please note
> > > that several kDAPL patches that were submitted to the list are
> > > necessary for this implementation to work.
> >
> > The code is complete crap, please remove it again.
>
> Christoph,
> While I agree with you, that's not a very constructive approach.
> Can you pick 5 things that are brain damaged and point them out?

The same as last time, the code didn't change at all.  It's still
totally ignorant about such essential things as dma mapping, has
creative new abuse for struct iovec, it's still based on iovecs,
actually missing the iscsi initiator integration, duplicating iscsi
defines and scsi debugging code all over, adding tons of layers of
useless abstraction.  Not to mention that the code looks like a cat
vomiting over the keyboard.

In short the code should be thrown a way, and someone with a clue
(aka not a Voltaire person) needs to start over again.