[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] Initial trunk checkin of ISERinitiator

Guy German guyg at voltaire.com
Fri Aug 19 01:12:56 PDT 2005

Roland,

Roland> Yes.  In fact, I am quite sure that kDAPL will not go upstream.
Roland> The recent discussions trying to make sense of the kDAPL event
Roland> handling mess just convince me even more the kDAPL is quite broken.

There was indeed a discussion about the event handling, and it rose a
question, which I would like to hear your opinion on :

Isn’t there a problem with polling for CQ, from the CQ’s upcall policy
context (i.e. potentially tasklet/interrupt context).
ISER target can get thousands of completions, and to drain them all in
this context (not to mention handle them) would be problematic, I believe.
I looked a little bit at the SRP’s code and it is seems like you are polling
the cq in the srp_completion. Do you think it is the right way to do it ?

Please let me add that the reason I'm asking this has nothing to do with the
politics around kdapl (or ISER), and is regardless to kdapl prespectives
to go in to the kernel - this is a sincere technical question.

Thanks,
Guy

p.s.
ISER supports PPC, our targets run on PPC.