[openib-general] RE: [openib-commits] r3137 -gen2/trunk/src/linux-kernel/infiniband/ulp/ipoib

Roland Dreier roland.list at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 13:10:28 PDT 2005

[Resending because I forgot to reply to all]

> What happens when the port is not a full member of the partition (and only
> a partial member) ? Is it just that the SA should reject those requests or
> does some other failure occur ?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  This patch fixes the situation where
one host has, say, 0xffff in its P_Key table and another host has 0x7fff.  They
should be able to talk to each other, but with the old code the second host
would join the wrong broadcast group and not be able to exchange ARPs with
the first host.

 - R.