[openib-general] RE: RMPP Message Format Errors

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Aug 22 05:46:30 PDT 2005

Hi Eitan,

All Sean is saying is that the RMPP code itself only uses the last bit.

The number of records is an SA thing and not RMPP thing. This is transparent to RMPP itself.

The need to determine the number of records is a consumer issue (SA or SA client). To do this, AttributeOffset and (at least the last) PayloadLength field is needed (as one can't rely on the first PayloadLength being non zero).

-- Hal