[openib-general] Re: RMPP Message Format Errors

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Mon Aug 22 07:34:38 PDT 2005

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Hi again Eitan,
>

>>The transparency to the RMPP is an RMPP implementation choice.
>>Having incorrect paylen in the first segment is a compliancy violation.
>>It should be either 0 or correct value.
>

> Yes, is that what is going on ? I haven't had a chance to look at the GIF you sent
> and analyze it.
Yes that is exactly what I have provided in the first mail:

>>But how would the SA or SA Client that gets an assembled MAD be
>>able to tell the number of records?
>

> It gets a "real" received length provided it supplies a buffer large enough.
So I guess the "real receive length" is truncated to the last data
record even if the packet sent was 256 bytes?

>>Also, does the current implementation let the client do the assembly?
>
> No.
Good. I hoped this is the case.

>>Anyway, the last segment paylen was incorrect too.
>
> OK. That's another thing I'll look at.
The first mail I sent had all the analysis in it with exact peylen
values for first and second segments.