[openib-general] Re: uverbs: When message is larger than receive buffer

Steve Wooding steve_wooding at keysounds.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 14:27:25 PDT 2005

Thanks Micheal.

Can I confirm that no memory beyond that specified in the WR for the
Send op is not actually written to.

The reason I'm interested in this is that I'm thinking about registering
a large Memory Region to receive lots of smaller data messages. This is
to avoid the overhead of registering and unregistering MRs. For RDMA
Write, would windowing be the only option to stop a sender writing
beyond what the receiver was expecting?

Regards,

Steve.