[openib-general] Re: RDMA connection and address translation API

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Aug 23 23:48:48 PDT 2005

Hello, Roland!
Quoting r. Roland Dreier <rolandd at cisco.com>:
> With this in mind, I believe that the connection API needs to be
> something more like the following:

I'll have to think a bit about it some more, generally what you say makes a
lot of sense to me.

One comment - since completion is asynchronous, it seems
clear that we'll need an additional API for cancelling operations, and
timing things out (I guess time outs may be handled by the event
callback?). Another thing to think about is closing connections versus
closing an underlying qp.

--
MST