[openib-general] How to change NodeDescription

Steve Wooding steve_wooding at keysounds.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 03:28:01 PDT 2005

Hi,

Is it possible with the gen2 driver to set the NodeDescription for each
host. I have a machine which is still running gen1 drivers and the
NodeDescription is set to the hostname. I guess this is done when the
driver is loaded at boot time (but couldn't find out exactly how this
is done).

The NodeDescription on gen2 is "MT25208 InfiniHostEx Mellanox
Technologies", which looks like it was formed by looking at lspci or
something. I would like to change it to hostname plus some other custom
attribute (e.g. type of node).

Thanks,

Steve.