[openib-general] RDMA connection and address translation API

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Wed Aug 24 10:15:41 PDT 2005

    Fab> I think the IB CM needs to be able to do two things.  It
    Fab> needs to allow a listen to be bound to a specific port -
    Fab> using the port GUID or the LID or something along those
    Fab> lines.

Yes, this is probably a good idea.

    Fab> Knowledge of actual IP addresses would be up to the consumer.
    Fab> However, the IB CM can facilitate checks by allowing the user
    Fab> to specify an offset and length in the private data to match
    Fab> to for incoming requests.

This seems too complex and at the same time too limited to me.  For
one thing -- although I think ATS should die -- this doesn't support
ATS reverse lookups.  For another, it doesn't handle something like
the SDP Hello header, where the IP version is at a certain offset, and
then the IP address is interpreted according to the IP address.

What makes it really ugly is that it's perfectly reasonable for one
consumer to listen to a service at 192.168.11.12 and another consumer
to listen to the same service at 192.168.98.99.  How do we handle this
in the IB case??

 - R.