[openib-general] RDMA connection and address translation API

Caitlin Bestler caitlinb at broadcom.com
Wed Aug 24 14:40:06 PDT 2005

I think it would be more accurate to state that DAPL requires the 128-bit
"IA Address space" to be administratively subdivided so that each "subnet"
unambiguously translates to a specific IA reached network and that
translation
of the "IA Address" into and from that network's wire protocol is not visible
to the DAT Consumer.

ATS is indeed *one* solution for doing so. Adding RARP to IPoIB would make
for another solution. Direct translation is also a valid solution for IPv6
compatible network IDs.

So with this wealth of options available, do you agree that there is no
reason to elevate any of these issues to being visisble to a transport
neutral application?